Frequently Asked Questions

We know how stressful the search for the right senior living community can be. That’s why we’re here to help. Below is a list of questions we get asked most often.

Don’t see your question? Drop us a line a line at the bottom of the page!

I am visiting Barclay Friends soon, where should I park?

Due to ongoing construction, parking will be a little tight at our community. We ask that if all the visitor parking is taken, people park on the Barclay Friends-side of North Franklin Street.

When will construction on the new building be complete?

The tentative completion timeline for Preston is Summer 2020. For more information on this project, visit the Preston page.

Do senior living facilities have wound care?

Barclay Friends is one of the few facilities in this area to have two Registered Nurses on staff who are Certified Wound Care Specialists.  The National Alliance of Wound Care® (NAWC®) is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement and promotion of excellence in wound care through the certification of wound care practitioners.

What happens if Mom or Dad’s money runs out?

Barclay Friends is Medicaid certified. We have never asked a resident to leave because his or her money ran out.

Do all residents get physical therapy?

The Recreation Department at Barclay Friends provides residents with a daily exercise program that is built into each resident’s care plan. Physical therapy is joint-specific and is requested by an orthopedic doctor.

What is the difference between Assisted Living and Personal Care?

This is a common point of confusion in our industry. We detailed the differences between the two living options in our blog. Barclay Friends will offer Personal Care in the new Preston building starting Summer 2020.

If you have a question that wasn’t covered on this page, drop us a line below!