As a Kendal affiliate, Barclay Friends seeks to enhance the quality of life and independence of residents by enabling each resident to realize his or her full potential. Barclay Friends relies not only on the energies and goodwill of its staff members, board members, and residents, but on the exchange of ideas with others in the field of service to older adults. We also depend on the dedication and support of community volunteers.
Interested in Volunteering?
Current volunteer needs include:
- Companionship during 1 on 1 visits
- Offering a program of interest (Share your hobby, present a travelogue, present an educational program)
- Assist with the upkeep of one of the 6 gardens (weeding, watering, harvesting)
- Facilitate a weekly game group to include card games (poker, bridge, Uno…) or board games (Scrabble, Sorry, Parchisi, Monopoly…)
- Care of Barclay Friends’ pets
Stories about our volunteers
Good Turn: Therapy Dog Volunteer Shares Her Experience
The companionship of a beloved pet can be enjoyed at any age, and while animals may not speak using words, their compassionate presence can be healing to the mind and…
Our active volunteer program helps to enrich the lives of our residents by providing opportunities for those in the community to share their time and talents. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 610-696-5211 ext. 424 for more information.