Are you or a loved on considering a retirement community, but are confused about the various alternatives? Perhaps you would prefer to age at home but question whether it is practical and feel that exploring all of your options is a sensible exercise. If so, then you have chosen the right place to start by picking up this book! Based specifically on popular questions that noted expert on retirement communities and Amazon best-selling author, Brad Breeding has received from older Americans and their adult children, this newly updated and enhanced edition of “What’s the Deal with Retirement Communities?” is designed to be the first step in your research process — providing answers in a simple and concise fashion. In this book, you will learn what you need to know about the retirement living landscape including:
- The importance of planning ahead for the later phases of retirement
- What must you consider when deciding between at-home care and a community?
- What defines a retirement community? · How to distinguish one type of retirement community from another
- The relationship between retirement communities and long-term care services
- What does long-term care cost?
- Payment and contract structures for retirement communities