We take pride in our commitment to maintaining a consistent staff, fostering trust, affection, and a sense of familiarity for our residents.
Skilled Nursing and Post-Acute Rehabilitation Features
- Private rooms and shared suites, individual climate control systems and call system
- Each room has extended cable service & Wi-Fi and is wired for private telephone service
- Common areas including living rooms, recreation room, laundry room, and enclosed garden and walking paths
- Choice of shower or whirlpool spa
- Beauty/Barber Shop on-site
- Exercise, creative arts, music, and horticultural programs; current events discussions; holiday parties; religious services; planned outings and more!
- Close to specialist physician offices and Chester County Hospital
- Visiting Hours 24/7
- Assistance with Activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, personal, personal cleanliness, transfers and incontinence care
- Low resident to staff ratio
- Medication management, pharmacy services
- Rehabilitation services on-site
- Wound care, IV care, diabetic care
- Primary care physician, podiatrist, dentist and optometrist
- Social Services, psychiatrist and psychologist consultations available upon request
- Nutritional counseling, registered dietician on-site
- Three daily meals, daily snacks, special diet accommodation, dining room with waited service, small dining rooms available for those who need assistance with eating
- Daily Housekeeping, personal laundry service available at additional cost
- Transportation arranged for appointments
- Moderate to severe dementia care in a non-restrictive setting, Wander Guard system
- Hospice Care
Residents Are Provided Rehabilitation Services by Barclay Friends’ Therapy Team
Barclay Friends offers rehabilitation services provided by an in-house therapy team. We provide services for short-term rehabilitation patients along with services for our long-term residents in Cotter and Preston. The rehab services we specialize in includes, but are not limited to: orthopedic surgeries and joint replacement, neurological disorders and stroke, open heart surgery and other general de-conditioning ailments. The team consists of specialists in geriatrics, neurology, lymph edema, dementia-care, vestibular, and certified aging-in-place clinicians.
Our goal as your Rehab Team at Barclay Friends is to promote health and independence to allow aging in place while maintaining as full and active lifestyle as you wish. To that end, we provide services aimed at improving and/or compensating for challenges that you may experience in functional mobility, cognitive function, and activities of daily living.
We’re Here For You
We’re here to help! Barclay Friends’ Admission team is ready to answer all of your Skilled Nursing questions.