Guided by Quaker Roots and Values
As a Kendal affiliate, Barclay Friends seeks to enhance the quality of life and independence of residents by enabling each resident to realize his or her full potential. Barclay Friends relies not only on the energies and goodwill of its staff members, board members, and residents. In addition, we rely on the exchange of ideas with others in the field of service to older adults, and on the dedication and support of community volunteers. Interested in volunteering?
Current volunteers enjoys these activities:
- Offering manicures as a nail salon experience
- Playing the piano and cello for small groups
- Visiting residents with certified therapy dogs
- Leading a chat group to discuss poetry and art
- Companionship during one-on-one visits
- Assisting with flower arranging and creative arts
- Facilitating a Men’s Group
- Leading chair yoga morning exercise
- Running Bingo and teaching Bridge
Our active volunteer program helps to enrich the lives of our residents by providing opportunities for those in the community to share their time and talents. Please contact the Recreation Department at 610-696-5211 for more information.