The Barclay Friends Mission
Reflecting the Quaker concern for older people, our mission is to continuously improve care of the aging across the continuum of services we provide. We aspire to the highest professional and humanitarian standards while providing care and services in a supportive, homelike, and compassionate atmosphere.
We envision Barclay Friends as a premier advocate, initiator, and facilitator of services for older adults. Through an integrated continuum of care and services, and in partnership with our community, we will ensure services that enhance quality of life.
In accord with the principles of Friends:
- we hold the worth of each individual as central;
- we promote independence and dignity for all residents;
- we believe residents are best served by a harmonious work force that is concerned, enthusiastic, and dedicated;
- we are committed to continuing education and support for staff, residents, families, and board members;
- we operate on a not-for-profit basis, maintain high standards and provide appropriate compensation for staff;
- we strive to be alert to emerging needs in our area and innovative in our responses.
Thus, by example, we hope to improve care of the aging in the wider community.
Barclay Friends is an affiliate of The Kendal Corporation, a not-for-profit organization serving the needs of older persons and governed by a Board of Directors half of whom are members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Barclay Friends is a member of the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, the Pennsylvania Association of Non-Profit Homes for the Aging, and Friends Services for the Aging.
Barclay Friends, a Kendal Affiliate, considers and admits residents without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Kendal Corporation and Kendal Affiliate, Barclay Friends, operate on the principle of equal opportunity for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law in evaluating any person for employment, training, compensation, promotion, or termination. We operate in accordance with the Americans with Disability Act.